The white general usage exterior tape is the perfect choice for sealing panel joints on plywood, foam boards or OSB panels without the need for a primer. See OSB application notes below. Once applied, Wigluv is UV and driving rain resistant, and can be left exposed for 12 months. Wigluv is highly vapor permeable, reliable, and provides permenant protection for roof and facade.
A favorite of Fine Home Building's Backyard Tape Test. Download a copy of the article here.
OSB application issues: OSB varies from mill to mill across the US. In most cases, Wigluv will bond to the smooth face of OSB without issues. Please test your application and if you have doubts about the bond after 24 hrs, please prime the joint with SIGA Dockskin primer. Once primed, Any SIGA tape will adhere to the rough surface of OSB and bond well.
- High adhesive strength at high and low temperatures - reliable, no building damage
- Diffusible sd < 2m - prevents condensation build-up (1.7perms)
- Driving rain-proof and impermeable to water - permanent protection for roof and facade
- Woodfibre boards *
- Hard wood-based panel materials
- Gypsum fibreboards
- Cement fibreboards
- Concrete, masonry, plaster *
- Bituminous sheeting in the base area
- Perimeter insulation
- Hard plastics
- Electric cables* must be reinforced with SIGA-Dockskin high-performance primer
- Vapour control layers / diffusion retarder sheeting for above-rafter insulation and renovation from the outside - Smooth to rough PE/PA/PO/PP sheeting
- Roof underlay membrane - (apart from bitumen and PVC membranes except if given individual approval)
- Facade membranes
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I used this for sealing the envelop of a high altitude hut in the mountains. It works great at various temps, it is sticking to almost anything, it is wide enough but not too wide, is is flexible so you can cover stuff, it is elastic so it works to seal around doors or other protrusions that move. Excellent to seal doors, windows, skylights, etc. Although there are a few products that SIGA offers for different applications, I found that the white tape is the most versatile and this is why it is the one I keep on hand. Although this is not cheap it is worth all the money and you will not regret buying it. I wish I knew about it sooner.
I have used Siga Wigluv exterior tape on everything from OSB, plywood, solid sawn lumber, and even with the primer at the transition from top of concrete foundation to sill plate/rim joist. The primer for OSB and concrete works excellent.
This tape is great for air sealing, very easy to use and sticks where it is supposed to.
I used this product to tape 100 36" triangles on a dome roof of OSB board. The tape worked as advertised and I was very pleased. You have to be careful not to peel off to much backing especially in windy conditions. If it rolls on itself you will have to cut it off. If you wear shorts, watch out. I have a couple strips of no hair. After a couple hours baking in the sun it was impossible to remove it from over runs which should be a clue as to how well it will stay in place.
Had my builder install this over our advantech sheathing. It has been exposed for about a month, and it is still sticking perfectly. He was really impressed.