Standard Grade ThermaCork
Please call for shipping quotes for orders over 4 packs.
Insulation cork is a 100% natural, renewable, recyclable, and biodegradable product made from the outer bark of an oak tree. Cork trees grow primarily in the cork forests of the western Mediterranean. One of the most versatile materials on Earth, the use of cork as a building product is growing substantially.
100% NATURAL HARVESTING & INDUSTRIAL PROCESS
The harvesting and production of insulation cork is not only sustainable, but it also serves to provide employment and economic purpose for many communities. Cork harvesting is an ancient tradition, thousands of years old. Nowadays, it's done by hand for two months a year - June and July - when a skilled cork harvester splits off the bark of a cork oak tree without damaging the rest of the tree. In fact, the trees flourish from this process. Each tree can live between 150 and 250 years, and is harvested every nine years.
BENEFITS OF INSULATION CORK
- R-4 per inch depending density, meaning reduced heating costs
- Reduced mold risk in sheathing due to cork's permeability, allowing water to "dry through" layers, preventing mold and rot
- More resistant than other rigid insulations to compression, creating a flat plain for a smooth wall
- Excellent sound isolation
- Reduces thermal bridging at the wall and rim joist.
- Hypoallergenic and free of all domestic toxins.
- Does not shrink or "off gas" like EPS, XPS, or Polyiso foam boards
- Recyclable and reusable after deconstruction
- Unlimited durability
- Thermal Resistance: R-4/inch
- Density: 7.0-7.5 lbs/ft3
- 1 1/2" thickness: 2.15 US perms
- 2" thickness: 2.04 US perms
- 4" thickness: 1.26 US perms
- Fire Resistance: Class B (E84 test)
Please call us at 1-855-FOR SIGA (855-367-7442) for a delivery estimate or visit http://www.thermacork.com